Spanish Courses at Salamanca University
Learn Spanish in Salamanca at Spain’s oldest and most prestigious university
Salamanca is one of Spain’s most beautiful cities. A UNESCO World Heritage Center, it stands as one of Europe’s best-preserved Renaissance towns.
The large student population gives the city a fun and spontaneous feel that expresses itself in the liveliness of its streets and plazas. Being neither too large nor too small, it plays the role of a fresh and vibrant student town perfectly, with a great dynamic lifestyle; music, dance, laughter and adventure lighting up the meandering streets of its historic center both during the day and at night as one of Spain’s best nightlife scenes.
To top it all off, the purest forms of Spanish in the world today are spoken in Salamanca - what more could a student seeking to learn Spanish ask for?
Spanish Courses at Salamanca University
Learn Spanish in the wonderful city of Salamanca at one of Spain’s top universities Salamanca University.
GGS at Salamanca University:
- 4 week to 9 month (full school year) courses.
- Courses available for all levels from complete beginners to advanced speakers.
- Accommodation with Spanish host-families or in shared student flats.
- US and EU school credits available.
- Social and cultural activities in Salamanca and trips to other destinations in Spain.
Spanish Courses available at:Salamanca University
Spanish Language and Culture Course
The Spanish Language and Culture Course is a 3 month program starting in October, January and March. The program has 25 classes per week and it is possible to sign up for one to three trimesters.
Monthly Intensive Spanish Course
The monthly intensive courses are available all year round from September to June and start at the beginning of each month. This is a special program with 25 classes per week and it is possible to study one or more months.
Summer Spanish Course
The intensive summer course is a special summer program arranged during the months of July and August. During the summer courses there are a number of optional classes that are not available during the rest of the year.
Below you can find further information about the charming city of Salamanca, the history of the oldest university in Spain – Salamanca University – as well as complete information about the courses available at GSS, credits, accommodation available in Salamanca, activities arranged and much more:
- About Salamanca. Salamanca is located inland, between the capital city of Madrid and the Portuguese border, in the region of Castilla Leon. It is an old city with an interesting history and is known as one of the popular university cities of Spain – see About Salamanca for further information.
- About Salamanca University. Salamanca University is the oldest university in Spain and the third oldest in Europe, dating back to the beginning of the 13th century. Today it is one of the most prestigious universities in Spain, also being the first university to offer Spanish courses to foreign students – see Salamanca University for further information.
- Spanish Courses at Salamanca University. At Salamanca University we offer four different Spanish courses of different length and content. For general information about the different courses available, see Spanish Courses at Salamanca University or you can find further information about the specific courses in the following sections: Intensive Monthly Courses, Summer Courses and Language and Culture Courses.
- Credits.If you need credits for your studies, see the Salamanca University Credits Section for further information.
- GSS Activities Arranged in Salamanca. As mentioned above, the GSS programs are not only about studying and learning Spanish - they are also about experiencing the Spanish culture and having a great time. We therefore arrange a number of free time activities. Please see Activities in Salamanca for further information.
- What's Included in the Salamanca Program. Apart from the course fees and help with the paperwork involved in admission, visa support or getting credits, the GSS programs include a number of outstanding services like: top quality accommodation, a free mobile phone, pick-up from Madrid, and great number of free time activities – for full information about what is included in the price see Salamanca Included.
- GSS Accommodation in Salamanca. For further information about the accommodation offered in Salamanca, which has carefully been selected by our GSS staff, and is amongst the best quality student accommodation available, see Accommodation in Salamanca.
- Salamanca Photos. For some photos of the city of Salamanca, the university, as well as of activities, please see Salamanca Photos.