Below you can find further information about what is included in the study abroad programs in Spain offered by GSS. We encourage you to compare our service and standards with any other programs, as we are sure than no one offers the same high quality at the prices we can offer.
You do not have to worry about any of the academic issues related to the Spanish university and instead can concentrate on the Spanish course you are participating in. At GSS we will take care of all the paperwork with the Spanish university including:
- Tuition and registration at the University.
- Assistance on the first day of the course (getting to the university from your accommodation, where to take the initial level test, getting your student card, etc.)
- Personalized academic advice: academic advice and assistance with selecting the best suited program and rescheduling if needed.
- Credits for your studies: assistance with credit transfer.
- Official transcript and diplomas from the university.
An important part of the service offered by GSS is assisting our clients at all stages and with all matters related to their study abroad adventure. We are always there when you need our assistance:
- Pre-departure assistance (advice and help choosing the right destination, handbook about your destination, assistance with getting visa if needed, assistance with the pre-credit application process, help finding flight tickets).
- On-site orientation a few days before the course starts, which will help students with their cultural adaptation.
- On-site staff that can assist and support you for whatever help you may need during your stay in Spain.
- Emergency Contact (24 hours).
All the accommodation used by GSS has been carefully inspected by our staff. As our client, we also offer you the option to choose exactly the type of accommodation you prefer, being able to choose from:
- Host family: A single or double room with a Spanish host family, including full board.
- Shared student flat: A single room in a student flat which you will share with other university students.
- Residence – In Salamanca we offer the possibility to stay in a student residence.
The GSS programs are much more than just the accommodation and courses. We arrange a number of social and cultural activities which are all designed to make sure that our students have a great experience in Spain, while at the same time learn about the Spanish culture and practice Spanish outside class.
- Trips throughout Spain, with transport, guides and entrance to attractions included.
- Day trips in and nearby the city you are staying in.
- Sport events in collaboration with Spanish university organizations.
- Guided tours around the city you are staying in to get to know both cultural and social aspects of the city.
- Dinner parties where we invite you out to try typical Spanish food.
- Night tour to get to know the best establishments in your city.
Click here to view an example of a GSS program in Spain (actual programs will vary depending on city, availability and the student's preferences)
We will pick you up at the airport in Spain and take you to your accommodation – no fixed arrival time necessary as the pick-up service is on a personal basis.
Apart from the above service, we offer our clients:
- Student ID card: provides access to all facilities at the university like library, sports, cultural activities, internet, etc.
- Health and travel insurance: complete health and travel insurance is included in the program price.
- Language and cultural exchange with Spanish native students.
- Mobile phone: you will receive a free mobile phone when you arrive, which you can use to make and receive calls.
- International phone cards: you will get 5 phone cards, which gives you over 500 mins of free calls to the USA and Europe.
- Free online Spanish courses: students signing up and paying at least 2 months before the starting date will receive a free interactive Spanish On-line course. So now you can start practicing before your arrival in Spain.