Useful Information about Scholarships
Do you want to study Spanish in Spain but feel concerned about the costs? Don’t worry- there is a wide variety of scholarships available to ensure that everybody, no matter their financial circumstances, has the possibility to study abroad.
Finding a Study Abroad Scholarship
The first point of call would be your current institution or university- most offer scholarships to students wishing to study abroad so do ask around. These could be based on criteria such as academic achievement, background, or financial circumstances, amongst others.
You can also search online; we have put together a selection of useful websites:
Includes a list of scholarships for US students.
Information on scholarships for US students wanting to study specifically in Spain.
A resource for students of all nationalities wishing to study abroad. This site has a search function where you can specify where you are planning to study and where you are from in order to find scholarships.
Another scholarship search engine, very clear and easy to use.
Very good website for general information about study abroad scholarships, including how you can obtain one, the percentage of students that do so, etc.
An interesting article about finding scholarships to study abroad.
Search for scholarships specifically in Spain.
If you need help filling out the documents necessary to obtain a scholarship, then feel free to contact us- we are at your service. Remember, any of these scholarships can be combined with our scholarship offering up to €500 (more information below).
How to use a scholarship or sponsorship for one of the GSS Programs
Already have a scholarship? Read on…
Firstly, if you need any documentation from us, just ask and we will be happy to help you. Do make sure to apply well in advance- sometimes it takes a while to receive the payment.
At GSS we offer all-inclusive packages that include: course fees, accommodation, insurance, airport pick-up, use of a mobile phone and a number of free-time activities. If you are planning to go to Spain on a scholarship, but are still intending to live on a tight budget, then we can offer you the opportunity to exchange some of the extra services and activities included in our package for cash when you come to Spain, in order to help you cover your personal expenses. For further information, feel free to contact us. If you then combine this with our GSS scholarship (see below), this could add up to a significant amount to put towards your spending in Spain.
Here at GSS we offer our clients an easy way to earn up to €500 for their trip to Spain: send us a video and a short essay in which you describe your Spanish experience and in return we will pay you money- simple! We will use your entry on our website to serve as a client testimonial, as well as for our blog, for marketing purposes.
The application process is easy: within the first few months simply send us a short video of your experience, accompanied by a short essay and a few photos. We will then pay you €300 to enjoy for the rest of the time while you are in Spain. If you are staying for 6 months or longer, we will offer you a further €200 for a second video after 5 months of your trip, in which you talk about your experience in Spanish (don’t panic- after 5 months in Spain this will be achievable), accompanied by a second essay and a few more photos.
- This scholarship is only available for students that book their Spanish program through GSS; you cannot apply until you have paid at least the deposit for one of our programs.
- To qualify for this scholarship you will first have to write us an essay of at least 400 words about why you want to go to Spain to learn Spanish. If approved (we require essays to be well-written), you will receive full instructions on how to create the video and essay.
- The video has to be minimum of 2 minutes long, in which you describe your experiences during your first few weeks in Spain. You will also have to write an essay of at least 500 words and send us at least a couple of photos to accompany the essay.
- If you are staying for 6 months of more you can create a second video after you have been in Spain for 5 months. In this video you will have to elaborate on your experiences, however, this time in Spanish, so that you can show our online community how much you have learned. You also have to send another 500-word essay including photos, but this can be written in English if you prefer.
- Once your video, essay and photos have been received and approved by GSS we will pay you (all payments are made via PayPal).